14 Feb 2012

Happy Valentines day to you all, so hope you all had a helping of love in your day today. 

 At the end of the day write down a list of all your blessings and all the things you have to be grateful for
 remember to give thanks for the  pleasure of being  loved  by your  partners, or your children, grandchildren, friends or even our pets,  is always a wonderful  thing to  experience, is love and it can be found where least expected.  
I have been spending the last two days with my daughter and our twin grandsons. 

The love that I have for them is startling and the love that  I receive  from then is unconditional  and breath taking .  I often wonder how I can love so many people so much. My husband, my children, my grandchildren, all have such a huge chunk of my heart.  Then there are other  members of our family, close friends all loved and cherished and again I wonder how  hearts have the capacity of so much love.
 
Baked some golden cheesy scones  for breakfast today
I love baking. 
My  darling daughter loves Cheesy scones and what better gift than scones,  hot  out the oven for  Valentines day. 
The ritual of  getting everything together and  measuring ingredients, has a satisfaction  of its own,   not to mention the smell of the scones backing in the oven!
The best though is the lip smacking sounds as  the scones were  being devoured!


 I wish you all a wonderful love filled Valentines day! 

Hugs
Cheryl
xxx




5 comments:

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Cheryl,
Happy Valentine's Day to you too.I have a lot to be thankful for. Yes, it is amazing how much love we can have for others. And for our grandchildren? It's undbelievable! Your grandbabies look so adorable sleeping together.
The scones? Oh I love them! Any kind! It's midnight here and I would love a scone with some tea. Or maybe even two. :)
Have

Red Rose Alley said...

Those cheesy scones look so yummy. I used to bake all the time, but not as much these days. I am so glad you have so much love surrounding you with all your family. Your twin grandsons are precious. I like the idea of writing down a list of all of your blessings. I love thankful people, and you are definately one of them, my dear friend.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

millefeuilles said...

It has been far too long since I have visited your delightful corner of the world. I may be more than fashionably late for your Saint Valentine's wishes but your words are just as poignant any day of the year.

I see you have a picture of the book Roast Figs And Sugar Snow, I have been dreaming about owning that book for quite a while now. It just looks so poetic.

Stephanie

Chris said...

Hi Cheryl, what adorable twin grandbabies. I am the mother of twin sons - they are in their 30's now though, LOL I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Linda Carole Bloom said...

Yum - those scones. You've got me licking the computer screen again!