5 Feb 2012

Let it snow, let it snow....

Sooo  exciting , waiting, waiting,  knowing it is coming, but just not knowing  when and then at about 9 o clock last night, after looking out the front door at least 20 times it started to fall!!  Snow, beautiful snow.  Woke up to a wonderland  of white this morning. 
 Not a huge amount of  snow, well not as much as I expected after all the weather warnings , but enough to make it all look wonderful. 
The only disturbance of the pristine snow was the foxes trails - I love that you can see evidence of their well beaten path around the garden.  
Our village is  tiny,  no gritting or salting of roads here and I  definitely  couldn't drive my little car in the snow, so I have been in all day.   
 I have been doing  4 hour shifts at the Nursing home every day looking after my lady and I felt at a bit of a loose end  and eventually decided to do some crocheting. 
 I managed to make 30 hexagons today while watching old movies and drinking loads of  hot tea.  Now that I have started making these little hexagons,  I am so excited to make more, I love the way they look!

 As far as I am concerned  one of the most comforting quick meals is Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup, so what better for supper  than toast for dipping and hot Tomato Soup, swirled with cream, yummmmyy!
Been a good day today!

Hope you are all wrapped up warm and safe  tonight....

Hugs
Cxxx

3 comments:

Kit said...

I love your love of your new snowfall! We are sunny and cold with a foot still on the ground. I never tire of it. Enjoy your snow day. Kit

Jackie said...

Hi Cheryl, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Lovely photographs and I love your crocheted hexagons :o)
Jackie xx

Red Rose Alley said...

I love the snow pictures. Your crocheted hexagons are beautiful with such vibrant colors. Ahhhh, the original tomato soup... I haven't had that in awhile. I used to love tomato soup on cold winter days.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley