4 Aug 2011

Oh dear I feel so silly
 I wanted some loose Lavender, just a small amount to fill a few little bags for a gift.  I looked on the web, found a bag of Lavender, presented in a nicely labelled cellophane bag, for £10,  searched a  bit more and found loose Yorkshire Lavender for  £5.  I was so happy that I had found a bargain , so I ordered the loose Lavender.


  The package arrived this morning – well it was a large box, not a package.  About 10" deep and 13" long and 10" wide. 
I could smell the Lavender as the Post Lady handed the box to me.  
 The size of the box that they had packed the Lavender in for posting surprised me.   

I opened it  ....... the box was filled, corner to corner with a large plastic bag, full, full of English Yorkshire Lavender.


What I didn’t realise  was how much Lavender I was ordering for £5.
 I had ordered 1 kg of dried Lavender!
  Do you know how much Lavender makes up 1 kg???   
Hahaha I have sooo much Lavender now. 


 My room smells of Lavender, the smell is wafting through the entire house.   It is truly the most delightfully comforting smell I know and I am so happy to have it, but I do feel silly ordering sooo much.
 Oh well I will have to find some ways of using it all up.

5 comments:

Cruiseartist said...

aren't you glad it wasn't manure for the garden
I suggest ziploc baggies
and only open one at a time hee hee what fun and what a blessing for you now you can go nuts with it.

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard tears are running down my face. If you would like to split that order I would be glad to buy it from you - I have been looking for a good source for some lavender but haven't had much luck! I am serious about buying half of it if you want to.
Anyway, I stopped over to say thanks so much for coming by my blog, again and taking the time to leave me a comment! I love comments - it is so sad when I know visitors have come by but didn't say Hi! I am going to poke around your blog now - if that is ok...and let me know about the lavender! I agree, nothing smells better than lavender.
Hugs,
Beth P

Cruiseartist said...

here is a chuckle for you girl
Mark came through and said what's for dinner and I looked at him strange and said you are taking me out to dinner it's Friday. He looked at me and said um it's Thursday. OOps anyway he still took me out to dinner and I can cook tomorrow night. SO see it is contagious even across the miles.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, how I love the smell of lavender! It's so sweet to fill a room with that scent. Have a beautfiul weekend.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Lovey said...

Too funny...I love the smell of Lavender! Pretty cool...