17 Jul 2011

I have such a dilemma.  A friend of mine brought me a gift of some hand crocheted cream lace yesterday to incorporate in some of my crazy quilting,
but I am not sure it if it would be right to use it.  Would you use it, should I use it?

It was made by her Mother-in-law so it must be about 50 to 60 years old!! 
 It was handed to me in a plastic bag that was all yellowed with age.

It is exquisitely made out of the thinnest crocheted cotton I have ever seen. 

The patterns are intricate and it must have taken her forever to make. 

 She hasn’t even sewn the threads away! 
Isn't it beautiful?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Cheryl,
This is just my opinion, but I say use it! I can't think of a better way to honor someone than to take something they loved & turn it into something that will be look at everyday. It has probably been sitting in a drawer for years. It would be amazing in one of your beautiful quilts.
Lisa

Cruiseartist said...

Why not angel heart. It is amazing and I am sure she would love for it to be used and then later admired by folks who see your quilt so really all you are doing is showcasing it for her in a wonderful light.

Anne said...

What lovely lace! I would use it as your friend invited you too, its a nice gift!